Thursday 15 August 2013

Oil painting: Day 3

I decided I didn't like the cobbles or the bricks because they were too detailed and were different in style from the rest of the painting. The cobbles weren't bright enough either, it needs to look like the sun's rays are bouncing off them. So I slopped a load of white paint over it and started again. The ground looks better now but still not perfect. I like the thickness of the paint though, it gives the painting real texture, although that's not too evident from these pics.
It was then just a case of adding some figures into it. I chose 2 Indian women but they're possibly a bit high up in the composition, leaving too much foreground. I might make the shadows of the people and building a bit longer to  break up that white space. Or maybe insert another boulder (as they were all over the shop in Jaisalmer). Or maybe re-paint the cobbles again. It's almost finished now, just a few last touches, I'd say. This is about 12-13 hours work:

No comments:

Post a Comment